Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tweaking My Plan

It's 32 degrees here in VA. My dog Mase and I got up at 5 a.m. and hit the pavement by 5:15 a.m. with the best of intentions. We ran/walk for about 15 minutes and just could not take the weather so we came back home. He went and got back in his bed but I, on the other hand, went and got on the elliptical for 15 minutes. So over all I had a great workout.

While on the elliptical, I thinking too myself, it's only going to get colder because we are smack dab in the middle of winter and how will I train for my first 5k. I get a great workout from the elliptical but I know it's not the same as a treadmill. I will try and get out there and hit the pavement when the weather permits but for now...I'm going to have to basically rely on the elliptical. I welcome any suggestions or advice from anyone who has dealt with a similar problem.

I have also decided that I will start walking again during lunch but I will not be able to run as I don't want to be sweaty and I don't have enough to go home and shower and get back to work. This walk will be a little breather through out the day to clear my mind. :)


Stats

Elliptical - 1.0


Food Plan

I will be doing all liquids and cream soups. I will do this for 2 days and then start back with my protein and good carbs. I've got to get that Carb Monster under control and this is the best way for me to do it.

No comments: